Job Title: Office Manager/Receptionist
Supervisor: Operations Manager
Status: Full-time, 40 hours per week
Application Deadline: February 13, 2023
As AFAHO continues to grow and expand, having efficient processes and systems in place is essential. We are looking for an office manager with a personable disposition who has excellent organizational, multi-tasking and technical skills to provide administrative support across AFAHO’s internal and external operations. The successful candidate will be a self-motivated team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
and able to thrive in a demanding work environment. The office manager will be expected to handle sensitive and confidential information and situations with integrity and professionalism and help us achieve organizational efficiency by nurturing a positive, inclusive work environment. We are in search of a team player who will proactively seek ways to enhance AFAHO’s services by supporting team members and the overall
functioning of the organization.
- Ensure office efficiency by maintaining common areas, organizing procedures and handling correspondence.
- Oversee day-to-day office activities as the main point of contact in the reception area – greeting visitors and clients in a positive, warm and professional manner.
- Sign visitors into the office and connect them with the appropriate staff member.
- Answer incoming calls in a professional manner and redirect calls or take messages.
- Provide direct administrative support as needed, including scheduling appointments, meetings, and events; booking travel; organizing meetings, transcribing and forwarding meeting minutes, maintaining digital file systems; mailing and shipping packages and letters; and updating contacts database and employee lists.
- Assist in planning in-house or off-site activities of the organization.
- Monitor and purchase office supplies, manage vendor relationships, and coordinate food deliveries/clothing drives/other activities when requested.
- Assist in coordinating aspects of space/infrastructure planning (ex: moves, additions, changes to
- Support daily functioning of the office and ensure the professional appearance of office through organization and supplemental cleaning as needed
- Two or more years of experience in office management or as a receptionist required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Professional demeanor in-person and on the phone
- Advanced interpersonal and teamwork skills
- High degree of flexibility, and excellent multitasking ability
- Strong time-management and organization skills
- Proficiency with office applications, and aptitude for learning new software and systems
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of client and company information
- Ability to work independently, problem-solve creatively and complete tasks thoroughly without constant oversight
- Professional or personal experience working with multicultural and multilingual populations desired.
- Must be grounded and organized and yet flexible and open to the changing demands of a small organization.
- Availability to work evenings and weekends.
- Willing to step into tasks as needed and requested by AFAHO management.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will frequently stand; walk; sit; use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or equipment; reach with hands and arms; balance; talk or hear. The employee will occasionally climb stairs; stoop; kneel; crouch or crawl; taste or smell.
2. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
3. Operate related office equipment and use necessary tools.
4. Specific vision abilities required by the job include frequent reading and close vision; distance vision; color vision; peripheral vision; depth perception; and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Although work is primarily indoors, you will be required to travel outside to community locations.
2. Travel in and around AFAHO’s service delivery area to support delivery of programs and activities.
3. Position may require occasional trips to attend conferences, seminars, and meetings.
4. Certain visits or work-related appointments might be scheduled outside of traditional work hours as necessary.
AFAHO’s management reserves the right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any
AFAHO is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation or identity, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation or belief, or veteran status.