Job Title: Youth Case Manager
Supervisor: Manager – Education Programs
Status: Full-time, 40 hours per week
Application Deadline: August 21, 2023
AFAHO provides health, human and educational services and programs to the African and
Caribbean immigrant and refugee communities in the greater Philadelphia area. These services include a variety of health education, case management, and psychosocial wellness programs which are available to the community regardless of age, nationality, language ability, or legal status
- Perform youth intakes in Apricot Case Management System.
- Develop an individual development plan (IDP) with participants and provide follow-up services to ensure participants are on target with goals identified in their IDP.
- Collaborate professionally across teams.
- Work closely with health navigators in identifying at-risk youth and families who require urgent case management.
- Attend meetings and represent AFAHO at external events.
- Assist with grants by actively participating in grantee meetings when necessary.
- Collect and analyze data on youth case management issues.
- Work closely with Mental Health Counselors in providing high-quality programs and services for youth.
- Report weekly programmatic goals and achievements to Education Manager.
- Regularly attend and actively participate in Education Team Huddle.
- Assist AYEP youth and families who are eligible to apply for benefits.
- Accompany AYEP youth and families to appointments and trials when necessary.
- Work with youth and their families in need of medical, behavioral health and social services, developing a supportive relationship to assess strengths and needs and helping to locate, access and utilize resources.
- Identify and refer youth to other programs at AFAHO.
- Seek new and collaborate with current external partners like JEVS Human Services, other community organizations, local health centers and hospitals, etc to ensure referral pathways and solid partnerships.
- Responsible for maintaining a caseload of 20-40 youth (some of whom are Limited English Proficient).
- Assist with school registrations and in-school support.
- Handling case assignments, drafting service plans, reviewing case progress and determining case closure.
- Coordinate with other youth program staff in the provision of wrap-around services to participants.
- Deliver services according to the Standard Operating Procedures for Case Management.
- Maintain current and active participant files and case notes in Apricot providing reporting as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree required or at least 3 years of case management experience.
- Must have 3 years of experience working with vulnerable/at-risk youth.
- French Proficiency Preferred.
- Knowledge and experience connecting youth to services and programs in the greater Philadelphia area.
- Strong commitment to youth leadership and empowerment and ability to build trust and work sensitively and effectively with youth.
- Experience conducting intakes, working with case files and keeping clear and concise case notes.
- Facilitation/public speaking experience
- Knowledgeable of African/Caribbean immigrant and refugee communities in Philadelphia
- Commitment to positive outcomes for youth
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Knowledgeable of landscape in Philadelphia regarding youth violence
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills with an attention to detail
- Professional demeanor
- Ability to problem solve creatively.
- Must be grounded and organized and yet flexible and open to the changing demands of a small organization.
- Availability to work evenings and weekends.
- Willing to step into tasks as needed and requested by program management
The ideal candidate must be able to complete all physical requirements of the job with or without a reasonable accommodation. Physical demands include sitting and/or standing for extended periods of time, regularly transporting supplies and materials, occasionally moving boxes that weigh up to 30 pounds, regular use of computer, phone, copier, and other office equipment. Although work is primarily indoors, you will be required to travel outside to community locations in and around AFAHO’s service delivery area to support communications of activities. Position may require occasional trips to attend seminars, retreats, and meetings. Must be able to provide own transportation. Certain visits or work-related appointments might be scheduled outside of traditional work hours as necessary.
AFAHO’s management reserves the right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any
AFAHO is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation or identity, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation or belief, or veteran status.
To Apply: Please send a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com before August 21, 2023.