Job Title: Social Services Manager
Department: Social Services
Reports to: Executive Director
FLSA Status: Non- Exempt
Serve as AFAHO’s program representative in dealings with various public, nonprofit, and
private organizations, agencies, and institutions related to social programs.
• Assess gaps and make recommendations for areas of improvement in AFAHO’s social service programs.
• Plan and manage the design, implementation and evaluation of social program goals, objectives, activities and outcomes.
• Develop and implement relevant policies and procedures.
• Establish and maintain relationships with cross sector partners to advance the mission of the program and organization.
• Plan and provide oversight and supervision for the activities of program staff, interns and
volunteers to ensure compliance with program goals.
• Ensure accurate documentation of all program activities, including case management notes in software system and spreadsheets.
• Prepare and submit programmatic data and narrative reports internally and externally.
• Manage and provide audits of data in AFAHO’s data management system to ensure accurate data collection and determine areas of improvement.
• Assist in developing job descriptions and hiring program staff.
• Conduct evaluation and quality improvement activities to ensure program effectiveness and relevance.
• Manage multiple projects by carefully setting priorities, meeting deadlines, working effectively with others and scheduling time efficiently.
• Facilitate internal meetings to promote communication and execution of goals.
• Assist in preparing grant proposals.
• Represent AFAHO during program related meetings, committees, events, conferences and other forums.
• Provide high level advocacy with external partners related to client and organizational needs.
• Completes special projects specific to the function of the programs or as needed for the organization.
• Collect and verify invoices from contractors and present for payment.
• Seek external collaborators and resources for social programs.
• Other duties as assigned within the scope of position expectations.
Master’s degree in relevant field – Social Work, Human Services etc.
• Minimum of two (2) years in progressively responsible and varied program management.
• Ability to plan, develop and implement programming, staff training, policies, and procedures, etc.
• Flexibility and adaptability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks effectively.
• Advanced interpersonal skills to interact with diverse coworkers effectively, professionally, and compassionately.
• Excellent organizational and planning skills.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with representatives from
external agencies and institutions and other leaders within the target population to advance the mission of the organization.
• Strong commitment to supporting the collective efforts of the team in accomplishing program objectives and goals.
• Supervisory experience required.
• Excellent self-direction and the ability to take ownership and drive responsibilities through to completion.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent problem-solving abilities.
• Previous Database Management desirable.
• Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team with minimal supervision.
• Must be able to work some evenings and weekends.
• Advanced Computer Skills Preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will frequently stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or equipment; reach with hands and arms; balance; talk or hear. The employee will occasionally climb stairs; stoop; kneel; crouch or crawl; taste or smell.
2. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
3. Operate related office equipment and use necessary tools.
4. Specific vision abilities required by the job include frequent reading and close vision; distance vision; color vision; peripheral vision; depth perception; and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Although work is primarily indoors, you will be required to travel outside to client and community locations.
2. Travel in and around AFAHO’s service delivery area to support delivery of services to clients.
3. Position may require occasional trips to attend conferences seminars, and meetings.
4. Certain visits or work-related appointments might be scheduled outside of traditional work hours as necessary.
AFAHO’s management reserves the right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any
AFAHO is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation or identity, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation or belief, or veteran status.